Course Title: Structural Renovation of Existing Buildings, Opportunities and Challenges
Course Number: AIACES502
Learning Units: 1.0
The Harman Group’s associate, Lea Cosenza, is presenting an AIA course, “Structural Renovation of Existing Buildings, Opportunities and Challenges.” The course focuses on structural renovation of existing buildings by covering structural condition assessments and code analysis, types of different structural systems in existing buildings, requirements for lateral upgrades, types of repair and reinforcing techniques for structural elements, and challenges and opportunities for vertical enlargements (overbuilds).
Attendees will be able to:
- Learn the different types of structural systems used in existing buildings (50 years and older)
- Learn a roadmap of structural condition assessment and importance of code analysis
- Learn about lateral (seismic) upgrades and code requirements
- Learn structural capacity increase techniques
- Understand restrictions on vertical enlargements (overbuilds) and tips for increasing load carrying capacity
Presented by: Lea Cosenza
Interested firms should contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to schedule a course.