The Leadership Team
Tuna Yelkikanat PE, LEED GA
Senior Associate/Director – New York Office
Favorite Project: 311 South Broad Street
Tuna Yelkikanat is the Director of The Harman Group’s New York office, and is responsible for the management of ongoing New York and New Jersey projects as well as the development of new clients in the New York/New Jersey area. Tuna has vast experience in the structural design and management of complex high rise projects in the U.S. and around the world. He is an expert on custom designing tall buildings to provide the most desired architectural layout and most sellable/rentable square footage for clients.
Tuna has worked on several high profile projects at previously held positions before joining the firm, including the Shanghai Tower, a 2,074’ tall, 4 million square foot mixed use retail, hotel and office tower that is the world’s second tallest building as of April 2016; the Ping An International Finance Center, a 4 million square foot commercial building in Shenzhen, China that will become the world’s second tallest building and the tallest in China when completed in 2016; the Millennium Tower, a 625’ tall, 1.1 million square foot mixed-use project in downtown Boston; 400 Park Avenue South, a 510’ tall, 41-story, 480,000 square foot residential tower in New York; 170 Amsterdam Avenue, an award winning concrete exoskeleton residential building on Manhattan’s Upper West Side; and 520 West 28th Street, a boutique condominium in Manhattan’s Chelsea neighborhood designed by Zaha Hadid. With The Harman Group, he is currently managing the KPF designed 550’ tall, 45-story SLS LUX Tower in center city Philadelphia.
Tuna is a member of the following organizations:
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- American Concrete Institute
- Associate Member of ACI Committee 375 – Performance Based Design of Concrete Buildings for Wind Loads
- The American Institute of Architects
- National Allied Individual Member
- Urban Land Institute
He is a Licensed Professional Engineer in the states of New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and is a LEED Green Associate. Tuna earned a B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering from Bogazici University in Istanbul, Turkey, and a M.S. degree in Structural Engineering from CUNY, City College of New York.
- AIA Continuing Education: Structural Renovation of Existing Buildings, Opportunities and Challenges
- The American Institute of Architects Continuing Education
- 700 Jackson Street Celebrates Groundbreaking Milestone
- The Harman Group Announces Promotions in Philadelphia and New York
- The Harman Group Expands New York Office
- The Harman Group Welcomes Tuna Yelkikanat as Director of Their New Office in New York