The Leadership Team
Malcolm Bland PE
Vice President and Principal
Favorite projects: Gaylord National Harbor Resort and Convention Center and 1706 Rittenhouse
As Principal in Charge of one of the firm’s two structural engineering teams, Malcolm Bland brings a high level of technical expertise and creative problem solving to all of his projects.
Malcolm specializes in higher education, corporate office, hospitality and mixed-use projects. His 26-year career with the firm includes notable projects such as the 2.2 million square foot Gaylord National Harbor Resort and Convention Center in Prince George’s County, MD; the 1.2 million square foot Fox Tower at Foxwoods in Mashantucket, CT; the 72,000 square foot renovation and addition to Drexel University’s Bossone Research Enterprise Center; and the 550,000 square foot Bridgewater Commons office complex in Bridgewater, NJ.
He is a licensed Professional Engineer in Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, Michigan, New Jersey, and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Additionally, Malcolm has contributed his expertise to such professional organizations as the American Concrete Institute, the Structural Engineering Institute and the Delaware Valley Green Building Council. He also served as the past president of the Delaware Valley Association of Structural Engineers.
He holds a Master of Engineering from Leeds University in the UK, and he earned his M.S. in Civil Engineering with a structural concentration from Villanova University.
- Hotel West + Main, Tapestry Collection by Hilton Breaks Ground in SORA West Development in Conshohocken
- SORA West Tops Out in Conshohocken
- Rockwell Integrated Sciences Center at Lafayette College Celebrates Grand Opening
- New Transportation Center Breaks Ground in Oxford
- Rockwell Integrated Sciences Center Breaks Ground at Lafayette College
- One Riverside Celebrates Grand Opening